CBD FLOWER CAN BE SMOKED BUT IT ALSO PROVIDES THE OPTION TO EXTRACT OIL FOR EDIBLES
WholeHemp’s high quality CBD Flower is popular and our best-selling product to date. The versatility of CBD flower is appealing as it can be used in a variety of ways. Of course it can be smoked (straight or blended) but it can also be used to make a delicious CBD oil to create your very own CBD edibles. Below are simple, step-by-step directions on how to extract the oil from WholeHemp Premium CBD flower. One pouch of 3.5 g of WholeHemp CBD flower should yield about 1 cup of CBD oil containing approximately 400mg of Total CBD, or 100mg per ¼ cup.
Once your CBD oil is done, you’re ready to create your very own edibles. The options are endless, you can add CBD Oil to almost anything but we provided this delicious classic banana bread recipe with a CBD twist. Happy baking and enjoy!
3.5g WholeHemp Premium CBD Flower
1 1/4 cup Organic Sunflower Oil
DIRECTIONS | CBD OIL EXTRACTION
1. Grind the CBD using a cannabis grinder or coffee grinder.
2. Preheat oven to 220F.
3. Spread ground cannabis in a thin layer across a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes to decarboxylate (convert the CBDA in the flower to CBD).
4. Let it cool.
5. Heat sunflower oil in a double boiler (or any smaller pot in a larger pot with boiling water).
6. Add decarbed hemp.
7. Stir occasionally over a period of 45-60 minutes.
8. Let cool.
9. Strain through a cheese cloth and squeeze out as much oil as possible.
10. Discard ground hemp and transfer CBD oil to an airtight container and refrigerate.
CBD BANANA BREAD RECIPE
• 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
• ¼ cup CBD oil
• ¼ cup butter (this can be replaced with another 1/4 cup of CBD oil - 1/2 cup total - for a higher CBD banana bread)
• 1 large egg
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 brown sugar
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
• ¼ cup hemp hearts (optional)
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
• In a large bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, melted butter and egg until combined.
• In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
• Fold the flour mixture into the banana mixture just until combined. Do not over mix.
• Mix in chocolate chips
• Grease a loaf pan with butter
• Add banana bread batter to loaf pan and sprinkle hemp hearts on top
• Bake for 35-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean
• Let cool for at least 10 minutes until eating. Enjoy!
Visit our wholehemp product page for more information on all of our CBD products available on ocs.ca or at your local cannabis store.