GET A SPREAD GOING AND SHARE THESE CLASSIC DIPS WITH A CBD FLARE.
Social gatherings allow us to connect with family, friends and create opportunities to make new acquaintances. Human interaction is vital in connecting with people, it allows us to feel the emotion behind conversations and be able to relate. Music, entertainment and food are popular topics people get passionate about and love to discuss. Whether it be recommending a movie, music album or new recipe, we as humans enjoy sharing things that will bring joy to others. Nothing pairs better with conversation then food and drinks, during your next small gathering try our simple CBD Avocado dip and CBD Hummus recipes. Get a spread going and share these classic dips with a CBD flare. They are so creamy and delicious with vegetables, crackers, peta bread along with other alternatives. They will be sure to start a conversation and be prepared to send your guests home with the recipes.
Below are simple, step-by-step directions on how to extract the oil from WholeHemp Premium CBD flower. One pouch of 3.5 g of WholeHemp CBD flower should yield about 1 cup of CBD oil containing approximately 400mg of Total CBD, or 100mg per ¼ cup. Once your CBD oil is done, you’re ready to create your very own edibles.
CBD OIL EXTRACTION | INGREDIENTS
3.5g WholeHemp Premium CBD Flower
1 1/4 cup Organic Sunflower Oil
1. Grind the CBD using a cannabis grinder or coffee grinder.
2. Preheat oven to 220F.
3. Spread ground cannabis in a thin layer across a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes to decarboxylate (convert the CBDA in the flower to CBD).
4. Let it cool.
5. Heat sunflower oil in a double boiler (or any smaller pot in a larger pot with boiling water).
6. Add decarbed hemp.
7. Stir occasionally over a period of 45-60 minutes.
8. Let cool.
9. Strain through a cheese cloth and squeeze out as much oil as possible.
10. Discard ground hemp and transfer CBD oil to an airtight container and refrigerate.
CBD AVOCADO DIP
• 3 ripe avocado
• 1/4 cup CBD oil
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 1 tbsp sesame seeds
• 1 tsp lime juice
• 1 tbsp rice vinegar
• 1/2 medium size onion (chopped)
• salt/pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Garnish with parsley or cilantro.
CBD HUMMUS DIP
• 1/2 cup hemp hearts
• 3 tsp lemon juice
• 1/4 cup CBD oil
• 3 cups cooked white beans or chickpeas
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 3 tbsp hemp seed oil
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp salt
Add everything in the food processor and blend until smooth. Garnish with paprika or red pepper flakes and chopped parsley and serve.
Enjoy and consider adding a little CBD oil to other recipes in your life. Visit our wholehemp product page for more information on all of our CBD products available on ocs.ca or at your local cannabis store.